Melliodora is a small specialist publisher dedicated to producing a limited range of books and other media by David Holmgren, co-originator of permaculture, and other authors. Our titles aim to support individuals in their personal permaculture journeys.
We are guided by the permaculture ethics in each step of the book creation and distribution process, through practices such as:
- preferencing printing with owner-operated businesses in Australia rather than globalised corporations
- providing a fair share return to authors, illustrators, editors and other creative contributors
- minimising adverse environmental impacts of the whole book creation, including printing, logistics and marketing chain
- bypassing the traditional gatekeepers of the publishing industry, and working outside the monopolistic distribution and marketing systems of the online conglomerates
- using profits from financially successful projects to subsidise projects that reflect permaculture ethics and design principles.
You can make a retail purchase of any of our current titles from our friends at Permaculture Principles. Wholesale purchase of our titles is available through Melliodora Wholesale.