The Basics of Permaculture Design
AUD $ 27.95
Author: Mars, Ross
Publisher: Candlelight Trust
Format: Paperback | b&w | 114 pp
Size (mm): 210 x 297 x 7 / Weight (kg): 0.33
Publication date: 2020
- An introduction to the principles of permaculture and steps in the design process
- A list of basic tools for the permaculture designer
- This book guides you through designing small spaces like balconies and patios, urban gardens to rural properties and larger communities like schools and ecovillages
- Explains appropriate technology, water harvesting systems, and animal systems
- Packed with useful tips, clear illustrations, and a wealth of experience
- Illustrated throughout by Martin Ducker
- New larger A4 format (2020)
Out of stock
This skilfully illustrated permaculture design manual outlines a number of techniques that can be used to build your own system where energy is harvested, directed and allowed to flow.
As David Holmgren writes in the preface:
Permaculture involves the integration of ecological design principles, the ethics and values of working with nature and the detailed situation and site-specific practical realities of life. In trying to combine these three very different spheres of human activity, there is constant tension and the need to re-assert balance.
In The Basics of Permaculture Design we see the results of one experienced permaculture practitioner, designer and teacher’s efforts to maintain this balance.
About the author
Ross Mars is a highly regarded permaculture teacher, designer and consultant. He is the author of the bestselling books, Getting Started in Permaculture, The Basics of Permaculture Design and How to Permaculture Your Life and has produced two videos on energy efficient housing design and renewable energy systems for power generation.
Ross founded Candlelight Farm, a permaculture demonstration site and training centre in Western Australia. Over the past decade, he has delivered dozens of basic, design, advanced and diploma-level Permaculture Courses. Both a scientist with a PhD in Environmental Science and an entrepreneur, Mars also manufactures and supplies greywater and rainwater tank systems, and installs waterwise gardens and water-sensible irrigation systems.
|Dimensions||297 × 210 × 7 mm|